Monday, November 1, 2010

I was ruthless!

I have been wanting to buy new clothes for a couple of months now. Why? Because I am bored with what I wear and realized I was wearing the same things over and over again, even though I have a closet full of clothes.

Hubby tells me "Go shopping if you want." We can afford it. As a matter of fact, I have $250 in a prepaid Visa and an American Express Gift Check that I got as incentives from work. I could buy  pretty good wardrobe for $250. (Yes, I am a clothing bargain shopper as well.)

One problem is that it is hard for me to get motivated. The biggest reason being that I have to try on  a LOT of clothes to find things I like and that fit well. Though, I discovered Fashion Bug about 6 months ago and their clothing sizes seemed to be more consistent. I used to be a JCPenney fan, but every brand there is sized differently. Oh, and it is always really crowded.

Another problem I had was that my part of the closet was PACKED. Well, not jam-packed. I could move the hangers back and forth, but still pretty packed. I kept telling my self that I needed to get rid of some clothes, but just hadn't done it.

Then yesterday, I walked in the closet to get the laundry and saw a sleeve hanging out and thought, "I don't like that anymore." So, I took it off the hanger and tossed it out of the closet. Then I started pulling more out. "Don't like it." "Why did I even buy this." "Too raggedy." and on and on.

When I was done, I had a BIG 2 foot high pile of clothes outside the closet door. I should have taken a pic, but didn't even think about it. So, I climbed over the pile and went and got a trash bag and the laundry basket. Then I started sorting into dark donate, light donate and too crappy to even give away. The too crappy bag ended up full (It was a 13 gallong kitchen bag.) and went to the dumpster today. I washed the dark load and it is all folded into a second bag. And the white load is in the dryer...I left it going when I went to bed...and I will unload and bag them up tonight.

So, my closet is much emptier and I have a ton of empty hangers. I will  NOT be buying that many clothes, so we will probably get rid of some hangers as well.

Hubby has been camping and I think he will be shocked when he comes home to see my much depleted clothing supply. LOL!

I think I will go shopping this weekend.

11 comments:

spaghetti0625 said...

Hahahaha, I'm the same way! I know the stores I shop in and their sizes, but every time I go to the store to BUY clothes, I find reasons not to buy...the most used is "I can just buy it online" so much easier then sorting through the racks looking for my size. lol. So much easier online to just scroll to your size :)

slugmama said...

Good for you Frances for being ruthless!
I need to go through my closet again but I've already changed everything out for the season so it will have to wait until the Spring.
Now what else can you do to shock Hubby when he gets back?
Might as well since you are on a roll, right?lol

Have fun rebuilding your wardrobe. I'd wait until after Xmas tho to snag all those after the Holidays sales...

Frances said...

Hi, Spaghetti. I WISH I could just buy it all on-line, but seriously it seems like sizes are just not consistent.

I have even tried on pants of the same brand, just in different colors and they fit differently. Maybe I am just hard to fit. LOL!

Frances said...

Hi, Sluggy. I guess I am an oddball, as I don't change out my wardrobe with the seasons. We don't get super cold weather in the Winter....and certainly not in the Fall....so I can wear lots of things year round.

I don't know that I need to shock Hubby too much. He is totally ready to come home. He said he will never take a trip this long again without me as he just misses me too much. LOL! He is so cute.

Frances said...

And, Sluggy, I would love to wait for after holiday sales, but seriously, I got rid of most of my clothes. LOL! I will need some more for work, at least.

Sonya Ann said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip. I go in spurts. Sometimes I want to shop and other times I could careless. Hope you find lots of bargains!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, I rarely want to go clothes shopping. But I will have to now. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

So how did the shopping trip go?
With all of the Christmas shopping, I'm kind of in the mood to shop for clothes for myself. That doesn't happen very often. Must be something in the air!

Frances said...

I did not go clothes shopping last weekend. I just wasn't in the mood. I will try to get into the mood next weekend. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

SO anything else going on in your world?
Not much here!

Frances said...

Hi, SonyaAnn. I will try to get a post up today. I have a giveaway!