Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

I only have to work until 2pm today and truthfully, I am not working that hard. (Well, right now I am on lunch break.) Many people are off today and the workload is really light.

I will not be cooking Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, as we will be having the full blown dinner on Saturday. Hubby told me that there was no need for me to cook huge meals on both days. I am sure we will find something to eat tomorrow. LOL!

Samantha, her bf John and MIL will be coming to dinner on Saturday. It should be a nice, quiet, comfortable Thanksgiving celebration. I will be serving the standard holiday yummies:

Turkey

Dressing
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Sweet potato casserole
Green bean casserole
Devilled eggs
Rolls
Pumpkin pie
Peach cobbler

MIL will be bringing a corn casserole. I don't know if Sam and John will bring anything. I told them they did not need to. They are still poor college students, so I have sympathy for them. Samantha graduates next month, so next year, she will have to cook something. LOL!

I am so happy we will not be going to the big family shebang where there will surely be some type of drama. It will be nice to have a quiet holiday.

I will be counting my many blessings all weekend long...my wonderful family, wonderful friends, financial stability and goo health. To all my bloggy friends, have a safe and happy holiday!

3 comments:

McVal said...

Sounds wonderful! Someday I want just a simple quiet holiday. Any holiday really! A quiet Presidents day with no work or extended family would be awesome... But that is not in our future any time soon.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and may it be the one you always wanted.

slugmama said...

Sounds good and drama-free.
I like my holidays low-key too. ;-)
We're thankful for you too as a bloggy friends.

Frances said...

Hi, McVal and Sluggy. Hope you are have a wonderful day!