Sunday, May 15, 2011

"You are so pretty, you don't need makeup."

That is what darling Hubby told me yesterday. He suggested we go to our local farm to get some fresh veggies and then to Brazos Bend to the observatory to see Saturn. I told him I didn't want to put on make up and he told me I didn't need to. I just love that man!

We went and bought some beautiful corn on the cob, bell peppers, celery, green onions, green beans and a large cantalope for $14. A bargain, I think!

Then we went to Brazos Bend, a state park about 50 miles away and spent a couple of hours driving around the park, then stopping for a picnic. Later, we headed to the observatory. We got a little exercise, as you have to park and hike quite a way to the observatory. We hung out there a couple of hours until it got dark enough to see the stars. There is a large telescope that was sold out, so alas, we only got to look using the smallers ones, but were still able to see quite well.

There were also several amateur astronomers that had set up their telescopes and we got to look through them. It was just amazing.

We got home around 11, tired, but a really good tired.

Today, Hubby went to go camping for a couple of days...back to Brazos Bend. I spent the day prepping veggies for the freezer and relaxing. It was a good day!

6 comments:

Suna Freda Debta said...

sounds wonderful! I think you found yourself a keeper!!

Frances said...

I sure did, Suna! Thanks for coming to see me.

Sonya Ann said...

It sounds like the perfect day!
And I think you are pretty too and sexy.

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, it was a perfect day. And thank you for being so enamored of me. It keeps my head properly swollen.

And yes, I am commenting during the day! Blogger has been unblocked!

McVal said...

:) When I forget my make up bag, my kids and husband say that I'm a natural beauty. and then my girls break into song about "you're amazing, just the way you are..."
You've got a good husband!

Anonymous said...

What a great husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

judy