Friday, May 13, 2011

We got rain!

After an extremely long drought, we finally got some rain yesterday! WooHoo for rain. We didn't get much rain, but it was rain and everyone was so happy! It is supposed to be dry again this week, but we will pray for more rain. Weird, I know, but we sure need it.

I took a day off work today, just because, and had a really relaxing day. Well, for most of it. Hubby and I went to Walmart to stock up on cat food since I haven't found any good deals on it lately and I thought I would get the best deal at Walmart. Sorry, Kroger, your sales on cat food have just not been good enough for me lately.

What was I thinking??? Going to Walmart! Well, I actually thought it would be less busy than on the weekend, but I was so WRONG. Don't those people have jobs? Surely not everyone took off work today just to go to Walmart. The parking lot was packed. And interesting to me was that it was packed with really NICE cars. I guess the poor economy is good for Walmart. The cars in the lot were WAY nicer than they used to be.

We got cat food and a few other items and then headed to Pizza Hut for the lunch buffet. It is only on weekdays, so Hubby loves to go when I take a day off. After the buffet, we headed home and relaxed the rest of the day. Well, I relaxed. Hubby was prepping his stuff to go camping on Sunday. So he was a busy boy. I just read, watched tv and played with the new kitty.

It was a good day.

And I have 2 more to go!!

4 comments:

slugmama said...

Yay for rain! We are getting some today too.

I've noticed more luxury type cars in the parking lots of places I go...like the discount and outlet stores. It's a good theory(that even the richer folks are economizing)but I suspect those nice car folks aren't rich...they just appear rich because they spend all their money on nice cars.lolol

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the rest of your days off. DH seems to go camping quite alot....must be his passion. ;-)

Frances said...

I think you are probably right, Sluggy. People seem to have nice cars if they have nothing else. Financing...ahhh...what a lifesaver.

Hubby loves to go camping and has been doing it all his life. I go on occasion, but am not quite as enamored of it as he is. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

We are getting way too much rain and cold weather. I would love to send you some.

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, I wish you could. I feel bad for people that are suffering through flooding.