Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year to all my bloggy friends!

I have today off! Yeah! Hubby and I went and had pizza for lunch and then went to the grocery store. Note to self: never grocery shop on New Year's Eve. It was a madhouse. But we needed to get some blackeyed peas for tomorrow. And we needed a few other things.

We may go out for Mexican food tonight. We usually do that on New Year's Eve, so I guess it is a tradition. As well as ringing out the old year, we are celebrating an anniversary. Hubby and I met 15 years ago a little after midnight on New Years. It was one of the luckiest nights of my life!

Everyone have a wonderful New Year and be safe!

6 comments:

slugmama said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!
It's funny how you never know where life will lead you....or who it will lead to you! ;-)

And tell me about it with the crazy, crowded grocery stores today!
Geez....it's not like there is a storm coming or the food stores won't be open tomorrow.
And people jamming the stores here were NOT just buying food for tonight...just looked like regular weekly shopping to me.
I was out using up all those free item Qs that were expiring tonight....I should know better than to wait until the 31st to go use em, right?lol
Happy New Year to you!!!

Frances said...

Hi, Sluggy. I said the same thing to Hubby about the crowds at the grocery store. Looking in people's cart it didn't look like they were buying for parties or using up coupons. So why the heck were they all there?

Debbie said...

Last year I wondered what you would do about your blog name! Like the new one:)

Frances said...

Hi, Debbie. It was a bit of a dilemma, but I decided to keep looking forward. :-)

Sonya Ann said...

Happy Anniversary and I'm so happy for the two of you.

Frances said...

You are so sweet, SonyaAnn! Thank you!