Monday, June 8, 2009

Something yummy...

I got a breadmaker about 6 months ago, after years of not wanting one. I love, love, love it! I sometimes to forget about it, then go in spurts making bread. This weekend I made something delish!

I found an idea on-line somewhere, but don't remember where, so cannot give credit where credit is due. But I took the basic homestyle white bread recipe from my breadmaker book and added 2 tablespoons of dried Italian Seasoning. It turned out wonderfully and is now our favorite bread. The first time I made it, I put the seasoning in when the add in beep sounded, but that didn't work so well as the herbs didn't really get disbursed throughout the bread. It was kind of swirled through and not that great.

I finally mastered it by putting the seasoning in the water when putting all the ingredients together. And I added my own touch by substituting olive oil for the butter called for in the recipe.

I made a loaf last night and it is scrumptious!! Hope someone else looking for something new gives it a try and likes it as well as we do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks so yummy! You have all the fun toys(sex?) in your house. Gotta love me! Could you imagine how boring your life would be without me!

Frances said...

LOL! I DO have some fun toys! I don't think I could survive without you SonyaAnn!!!

Together We Save said...

That bread looks yummy.

Frances said...

It IS yummy! It is especially delish drizzled with a little olive oil. Yummy!