Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Having good doctors is a great thing!

There are some people that I work with, that have been going to the same doctors for years, yet, they cannot get in to see those doctors in an emergency. I don't get it!! One coworker's family will actually go to the emergency room IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEKDAY, because their doctors cannot get them in on short notice, even for critical issues.

This blows me away!! I have been going to my primary doctor for many years. Well, I actually haven't seen my DOCTOR in several years. LOL! I always see his physician's assistants and am perfectly happy with that. I have never had them tell me that they could not get me in for something critical.

Late Monday afternoon I felt like I might be coming down with a urinary tract infection. I ran by the store and got some cranberry juice and some AZO pills (urinary tract pain reliever.) It was after 5 and I didn't feel too bad, so I went home and drank some juice and took some pills.

That night, I knew that I had better see the doctor the next day. So, the next morning, I got to the doctor's office 15 minutes before it opened. When they unlocked the doors at 5 minutes later, I walked up the the desk, told the lady I didn't have an appointment, that I had a UTI and I didn't care who saw me. She looked at the screen and said, "Lettie can see you in 20 minutes." HA! How is that for an awesome medical practice?!

And lest anyone think this is some non-busy doctor, it is actually a practice with 3 or 4 doctors and at least double that in PAs and I don't even know how many nurses. And the waiting room is almost always packed.

I think I will keep this doctor!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are bragging a smidge!LOL! I'm always glad to hear that someone is getting great care. And UTIs suck!!!!
Lots of love.

A.Marie said...

Seriously...can that doctor office just move to my Small Town!! My doctor's office is NOT that accommodating...they'll tell me to go to the ER rather than try to get me or the kids in. There are two docs in the practice, and 2 or 3 PAs, but they only are in on certain days, certain hours, blah, blah, blah.

And, just between us, the PAs leave a lot to be desired! It costs just as much to see the PA as it does the doc, and the PA usually doesn't diagnose the condition right the first time, so we usually have to end up going back a second time (this time I insist on seeing the doctor) to get the correct diagnosis. Trust me, if there was another practice to go to, I think I would "jump ship" and try them! Oh well...the "perks" of living in "smallville"....HAHA

Frances said...

SonyaAnn and A.Marie, I wish everyone had good doctors and it is a shame that they don't.

The PAs in my doctor's office are good. I am older than all of them and if I don't agree with them, I tell them to go talk to the doctor. I'll wait. LOL!

The good thing about living where I do is that there are SO many doctors that if you don't like one, you can just find another.

Anonymous said...

Just stopped over to say hi and I missed you and sweet knees.

Frances said...

Hi, SonyaAnn! Missing you, too! I've got some blogging to catch up on!

Anonymous said...

Otay!