Monday, April 7, 2014

I am just not that interesting.

I guess I have to admit it. Sonya Ann yelled at me to write something, which made me realize that I had not posted in a while. So, I was thinking, "What shall I write about?" And I realized that I am just not that interesting. LOL!

Well, not today, anyway.

I am at work and currently enjoying lunch at my desk, so thought I would post something for Sonya Ann to ready. And anyone else that wants to.

I had a totally quiet weekend and did absolutely nothing but read, watch movies and play on the computer. Hubby was out of town on a camping trip, so I didn't feel a bit guilty. Not that he makes me feel guilty when I am having a lazy weekend, but he is so energetic that sometimes I feel that way.

I was recuperating from going to visit someone in the hospital on Thursday after work. We walked and walked and walked and on Friday I could barely walk because my knee hurt so bad. I took lots of drugs and made it through work, but I was determined to rest it all weekend.

And I did.

I am now in the process of researching weight loss surgery. Anyone had it? Know someone that did?
Care to share experiences?

My ortho told me that I need to lose some weigh....well...duh! But since it hurts to walk, exercise is a little limited. I have cut back on what I eat and pretty much cut out desserts much to Hubby's chagrin, but I need more. I have a friend that had lapband surgery and she loved the results and several years later is still thrilled that she did.

So, that is my latest little project I am working on.


10 comments:

McVal said...

my mother-in-law had lap band surgery. She lost a ton of weight and because of her stubborn-ness is slowly gaining it back. She's become bulimic and can barf at will if she eats too much. Except ice cream. She'll eat all she wants of that even though the doc tells her not to.
If you can't follow doctor instructions, don't do it! If you can, then go for it woman!

slugmama said...

I'm feeling the same way Frances....boring, boring me!

I hope your knee feels better tho.

Sonya Ann said...

I MISSED YOU! Yelled loudly!
You aren't boring, you just have a well sorted life!
I have no idea what to tell you about surgery vs. dieting. But I think that I would really try to diet before having the surgery. Because it seems that in the end, you are going to have to limit what you eat. It seems like people's stomachs stretch and they are back where they started. But then, what do I know!

Frances said...

McVal, I have known people that have weight loss surgery, lose a lot and gain it all back. I have a friend that "eats around" her band, so the loss is not happening, though she did lose some and it made her healthier.

Frances said...

Sluggy, you are supposed to be boring!

(Though you really aren't.)

Frances said...

Sonya Ann, I guess my life is pretty well sorted.

I have been really thinking about how to proceed. I was emailing a friend that had lapband and she is going gangbusters encouraging me to do that. I could manage the limited eating. I usually only eat when I am hungry. The problem is I am always hungry.

After finding out that most drs require you to lose 5 - 10% of your body weight before getting lapband is making me think I just need to figure out a way to lose it without surgery. If I can figure out how to lose 5 - 10%, I can just do that to lose it all.

Sonya Ann said...

It does seem like most people stretch their stomachs back to how it was before. I just think you should find a way to lose it and then sell it. This eating light is for the birds.

Anonymous said...

I think we are all in a blogger rut! But I still find us all interesting we just need some spring in us..or at least no more snow or cold weather

Linda said...

I have a friend who had the surgery. He said he rarely gets hungry because somehow the surgery takes care of that, too. I need to lose at least 100 lbs, but surgery is out of the question in my mind. There are people who brag about "stretching" their stomachs. Of course, they gain weight.

Frances said...

Linda, I think I wouldn't have a problem with "stretching" my stomach. I just don't know that I want to have surgery that I don't have to have.