Thursday, September 1, 2016

#SocialSummer: Good Eats!

I was challenged by Social Insiders to tell you about something delicious I made. That is an EASY one! I made peach cobbler! I made it on Sunday and I am still salivating over it. I have the last little bit in the fridge to eat for lunch today and I cannot wait for lunch!

I want to share the easiest cobbler recipe ever. I have seen other recipes that swear to be the easiest ever, but they all have more ingredients than mine. So, I swear this is the easiest ever. And man, oh man, is it delicious!

My sister gave me this recipe years ago and she hates to cook. A recipe has to be super easy for her to want to make it. (She is a good cook, she just hates doing it. LOL!) I vary this recipe, depending on how much fruit I am using and how doughy I want it. The one above was made using the following:

Peach Cobbler
Ingredients:

  • 3 cups sliced peaches. (you can use fresh, frozen or even canned)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/3 stick butter

Put the peaches in a baking dish. Mix flour, sugar and milk until blended and pour over fruit. Dot top with butter. Put in oven preheated to 350 and bake for one hour. (If the dough does not seem done enough, I just put it back in the oven until it is as done as I want.)

I have used less fruit and decrease the amount of batter and I have used less batter for the same amount of fruit. Just whatever I am in the mood for. Just be sure that you use equal parts of flour, sugar and milk.

My sister's recipe called for dotting the butter on the fruit before pouring the batter on, but my hairdresser told me that he just melts it and mixes it into the batter. I have done that before and it worked great, but this time I didn't want to bother with melting butter.


So there is my super easy cobbler recipe and it works for most fruits. But it does not work with commercial pie filling. I tried that once and the batter did not sink under the fruit...just sat on top. It tasted good, but looked odd.

Hope someone makes it and enjoys it! @SocialInsiders #SocialSummer

6 comments:

Linda said...

I have the identical recipe, but the butter is just put in the pan in one hunk and melted in the oven before pouring the other ingredients in the pan.

Frances said...

That would work, too, Linda. Love a buttery cobbler!

Anne in the kitchen said...

I make mine like Linda does, but the ingredients are the same and the peaches really don't care what order you use. I have made this same thing with blueberries, blackberries and pears and it turns out fantastic every time!

Frances said...

Anne in the Kitchen, I agree that the ingredient order doesn't matter. It all just glops together in the end.

Unknown said...

The recipe sounds super simple. Sharing it on G+

Frances said...

Thanks for sharing, Pellrider. It IS super simple!