Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Thank goodness for the dollar store!

It has been 2 months since my second cataract surgery and I am still adjusting to not having to wear glasses all the time. I have not gone and gotten prescription glasses as I am doing great with reading glasses. I now can function perfectly fine with 1.75 or 2.0 readers. And I can buy them at the dollar stores....for A DOLLAR.

Why would I go get prescription glasses that I will have to pay more for? I have vision coverage, but my copy for glasses is $25. That is with no bells and whistles. No coatings. No progressives. Just plain single vision lenses. Why would I pay even $25 for one pair when for the same money I can buy 25 pair???

So, I have readers everywhere; in my purse, in my desk drawer, in the bathroom, on the computer desk at home, on my nightstand. And a couple of "just in case" pair, one in my purse and one in my tote bag I carry to work. Those are just in case I don't have a pair handy when I need one. I love it.

The only problem is that I take them off and put them on all day long and sometimes this happens:

I tucked a pair in the neckline of my blouse and when I bent over, they fell out. And I step on them. Ugh! Good thing I had another in my purse. But this was a really cute pair of tortoiseshell that I liked. So I guess I will have to suck it up and head to the dollar store and part with another dollar. :-)

Otherwise, I am loving my new, improved vision and have no complaints at all.

Happy Tuesday, all!

4 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Aren't Dollar Store glasses the bomb. I had about 10 pair but am down to 2 now. Time to restock!

Frances said...

Anne, I still have a few pairs, but I want some new cute ones!

Sonya Ann said...

That is great!! You could step on 25 pairs for the price of one from the eye doctor.
I bought a bunch of cheap sun glasses and put them in the shed by the pool. They get ruined all the time so why pay good money for something that isn't going to last.
I just love you and your spunk. I loved the dumpster story about your ex. Oh and in England, spunk means sperm. They don't sell spunkmeyer muffins over there. Just thought you would like that tidbit of info.

Frances said...

Sonya, I am spunky like that. LOL!

(I knew what spunk meant.)