Monday, June 29, 2015

Our animal magnetism lives!

We went to see Jurassic World in 3D and it was GREAT! LOVED it! Hubby and I got there really early, since the last time we tried to go to a movie the lines were so long at the box office that we left and went to another theater. Anyway, we went into the theater and were the only people there, so picked our seats and got comfy. We like to sit on the first row of the risers as Bobby likes to prop his feet up on the railing.

We kicked back and after a bit, another guy walked in and sat down ONE SEAT OVER FROM ME. I am glad I had my purse and umbrella in the seat next to me as he might have sat there. LOL! THEN, since the trailers hadn’t started, he gets on the phone and starts talking. OMG! Clearly he had no reason to worry about disturbing US. Ugh! At least he put his phone away when the movie started.

Before the movie started, I put my purse down by my feet. No need to sit and worry about it for the whole movie.

The next couple of people that came in sat RIGHT BEHIND US. It was just hilarious! We say it is because of our animal magnetism. And during the movie someone got on their phone and started talking. At least that person got up and left the theater, of course talking the whole way. I always wonder why people even go to the movies if they cannot turn their phone off for an hour and a half. I don’t think they are all brain surgeons.

Oh, and while I am on the subject of inappropriate cellphone use, when are people going to realize that while you are driving is not a good time to be checking your phone for messages. If you are waiting for a message that important, pull the hell over and get away from me.


Rant over.


Happy Monday everyone!

5 comments:

McVal said...

I know what you mean. PLUS I know people personally who think that cell phones work with the same tech as a tin can and string. They yell into the thing...
And pull you into the conversation during dinner, when that just wasn't your conversation to start with... Yikes. My MIL...
Since my job is related to doctors getting their results quickly, I'm always on call. So even in a movie, I have it on vibrate. But I don't answer until I leave the theater.

Frances said...

OMG! I know those people, too.

I know that some people are on call 24/7. But, like you, they should keep their phone on vibrate. And I know that the conversations we heard were not "on-call" business.

"Nothing, just at the movie. What are you doing?"

Anne in the kitchen said...

I dont know what I dislike worse: the people who talk on their cell phones during a movie or the texters sitting in front of me who never learned to dim the brightness and about blind me with the light.

Sonya Ann said...

I don't get it either, why pay to see a movie if you are going to be on the phone? And why crowd someone else? And now you know why we never go to the movies. I don't like people. Last time we went I had free tickets but it still costs us $20+ in drinks and popcorn. Nope, I'll stick to Redbox! Ok, I think I just added to your rant.

Frances said...

OMG, Anne! The bright screened texters drive me crazy, too!

SonyaAnn, I almost always prefer watching movies at home. Sometimes we just want to see on the big screen, though. That is why Santa Claus brings Hubby movie gift cards for Christmas. (Santa gets them FREE with my credit card rewards. LOL!)