Our dryer has been taking forever to dry a load of clothes. And last week, Hubby dried a load of his camping linens and when I went to take them out, I smelled burning! Ugh! So I told him not to dry anything else until I cleaned out the lint. I learned a few years ago that you have to actually open up the dryer and clean out lint. I learned that when I smelled burning then.
So, Saturday, I opened it up. Thank goodness the panel you had to remove to get into it was on them front, so I didn't have to crawl behind the dryer. I spent about an hour and pulled out a plastic grocery bag full of lint. And some of it was burned. We had at least one dryer fire!!!
Sunday, I threw in a load of clothes and turned it on. There was a weird buzzing sound. I have NO idea what that was, but I turned it off and told Hubby the dryer was broken. Since it was about 20 years old, we decided a new one was in order.
I was going to hang the clothes to dry, but Hubby, sweetie that he is, took the clothes to the laundromat to dry.
Yesterday, I called the office and told them we needed a new dryer. I didn't know when they would bring it, so was totally surprised when I got home today to find that we have a new dryer. Hubby said he went back to sleep after I went to work this morning. He said he heard some noise and peaked out and the maintenance men were setting up our new dryer. They took the old one away and even put everything back the way it was before they left.
How cool is that! So, hopefully, cothes will take a lot less time to dry and our electric bill may even go down.
When Things Go Terribly Wrong-A Genealogy Post
2 hours ago