Monday, November 30, 2009

I've been jammin'...

for two days. That is what Hubby has been saying during this weekend's jam making. Well, not the entire weekend.

After having a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with Hubby and the in-laws, I had a relaxing couple of days. Friday, I did nothing! It was wonderful! Saturday I ran errands, including the grocery store, where I only planned to get bread, milk and eggs. I found some deals and ended up spending $49!! Well, it was still well within my budget. (I only have one in my mind. LOL!)

Sunday I made 22 jars of Peach jam (I made 3 batches from peaches bought at different times. so they don't all look the same.) But it all tastes delish!
Then today, after going out to lunchwith Hubby, I came home and made 13 jars of Blackberry and 15 jars of Fig. Yummy! I take Mondays off in December, so I have 3 day weekends all month. (Except for 12/21, this year, when I have been scheduled for a training class. Bummer.) So next weekend, I will be jammin' again. I still have Strawberry, Strawberry/Fig, Cherry and Blueberry to go.

I'm feeling very Martha today and it's a good thing. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Pam said...

My hubby would love the fig jelly. He is always asking me to make that kind!

Frances said...

Fig is a favorite in our family, too. For years I only got figs once in a while from someone at work that had a tree. And I didn't get a lot of them.

Then, a couple of years ago, I was talking to my hairdresser, who also makes jam, and mentioned wishing I could finds some figs.

His response, "Girl, I have a fig tree in my yard and more figs than I know what to do with."

So now, I get as many figs as I want! Yeah!

Sonya Ann said...

Yes but you would be nicer than Martha and probably not wind up in jail. Like I said probably!!
It looks tasty!!!

Frances said...

Thank you for the vote of confidence, SonyaAnn! LOL!

I probably would not end up in jail, as long as I stay far away from you. I think together, we might both end up there. Probably with Richard in tow. Ha!

Sonya Ann said...

Richard might be the reason! I threw a bachelorette party and the police do not appreciate 6 foot inflatable penises in downtown Milwaukee. Why?

Frances said...

Clearly the officers were male. Female officers would have appreciated penises of that grandeur. LOL!

Lindsay said...

very nice!!! I'm jealous!! :)

Frances said...

Don't be jealous, Lindsay. Making jam is not really hard, just time consuming.