Monday, October 13, 2014

Hubby came home and I made salsa! would think I would have posted about Hubby being home before now, but apparently I have thought I was too busy.

Hubby was released from inpatient rehab on October 1. We were both so happy to have him come home. See how happy:
That little pic we are holding is a pic from either when we were dating or first married. I can't remember which, but it is Hubby's favorite pic and it lives on his nightstand. When he goes to the hospital, it goes with him. He is so silly.

He has been taking it easy since he got home. Well, easy for HIM. He is back to cooking, loading and unloading the dishwasher, doing laundry and anything else he feels like HE needs to do. All from his wheelchair. And last weekend, we even went "gallivanting around" doing some needed shopping. Well, we thought it was needed. I had to buy a new mouse and keyboard and he went along to "get out of the house". I am getting really good at loading and unloading the wheelchair from the car. And I am SO grateful that we moved downstairs and I do not have to lug that think up and down the stairs!

This weekend I started Saturday morning by going to my doctor with a recurrence of the sinus infection I had 3 weeks ago. More antibiotics, and stronger this time, so maybe I will kick it.

Then, since we ran out of salsa, I made some more. Hot for Hubby and mild for me (one jar is missing as it was already in the fridge.). 
Lest you all think that I was super industrious, I will admit that my salsa was made with canned tomatoes. Yes, I took a shortcut. But it is delicious and way cheaper than buying it.

I also cooked a roast in my new toy, and electric pressure cooker that I got for $39.99 from Aldi!
Hubby and I had been talking about getting one if I found  deal and it was in the Aldi ad the week before last. And way cheaper than any I had seen. I could not find reviews, but read that Aldi appliances are good, so we figured we would try it and if it was crap then I would just take it back. I am not taking it back.

Hubby was also industrious and emptied some still packed boxes. YES, from our move 3 1/2 months ago! But is was his stereo equipment and I wasn't touching it. So our living room was full of this:

But I carried some empty boxes and trash to the car this morning and will take the rest tomorrow. Which I will have off as it is Hubby's first trip to outpatient rehab. We have to figure out how he can get himself there as he has to go 3 times a week for a month and I don't want to use all my vacation days watching him do therapy. I would, but he is itching to drive himself anyway. And he can drive just fine as the amputation was on the left leg. We have already taken him to practice and he did great. We just have to figure the going to and from the car bit.

We will get there.

Happy Monday!


Sonya Ann said...

I was going to leave a kind and loving comment if you hadn't posted about how hubs was doing. I worry.
I'm so impressed by the two of you. You overcome any problem and keep going like its nothing. We should all have your resolve.

Frances said...

Oh, Sonya Ann, you are so sweet. We try to have good attitudes about what life throws our way. A bad attitude just does not make for a happy life.

We are definitely not dealing with nothing...I freely admit that....we just carry on as best we can. And I pray a lot.

McVal said...

I'm so glad he's home and doing well enough to unpack boxes! Wow...

Sonya Ann said...

Ok we need an update. Fine, I need an update. Even a few sentences. Not to nag but ok fine, to nag a bit.

Frances said...

Sonya Ann, you are a sweet nag. I will post an update soon.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sounds like things are looking up for you!! So glad you have your husband back! Enjoy your yummy goodies - LOVE fresh salsa! :D