Monday, December 5, 2011

I am out of Sure-Jell!

Well, I will be after I make one more batch of blackberry jam. I thought I had enough for all the jam I am making but I miscalculated how much fruit I had. So, tomorrow, I guess I will head to WalMart to get some Sure-Jell.

Yes, I know you can make jam without it, but I am not going to. I am a little miffed, as in the summer I got some coupons for free sugar when you buy Sure-Jell, but I thought I had enough. So I gave them to my hairdresser. He was thrilled.

Oh, well, the grocery list is short, so we won't go too much out of budget.

Bummer for me.

3 comments:

McVal said...

I really need to get some cooking done over here. Canning is out of the question this year, unless it's the canned cake thing.
You are such an inspiration!

Sonya Ann said...

Oh well, maybe you can get some Christmas shopping done when you get the Sure-Jell so it isn't a completely wasted trip.

Frances said...

Hi, guys.

I DID get some Christmas shopping done. Hubby and I got toys for the grandkids and I got some pectin. Not Sure Jell, but it works just the same. And it was cheaper than I have been paying!