Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Going for more blackberries!

Hubby and I talked about it last night and we decided that we did NOT get enough blackberries last weekend. I got 8 pints, but I know I will need more. So we are going on Saturday to a different farm where we can pick our own blackberries. They charge $2.75/lb, so not cheap, but cheaper than buying them by the pint. I don't even want to admit how much I figured out THAT cost me last weekend. LOL!

This place also has a lot of other pick-your-own stuff. Peaches, tomatoes, green beans, herbs and I don't remember what else. We will be going early Saturday to beat the worst of the heat.

I will try to remember to take my camera.

7 comments:

Pam said...

Yea for lots of fruit in the winter. It's always good to stock up when these fruits are abundant.

Sonya Ann said...

Even if you spend a little more you will appreciate your wisdom when you are eating wonderful foods in the winter. Especially, your wonderful jam!!

Frances said...

I have a freezer full of strawberries and some blueberries and blackberries, but I want MORE. LOL! I also need to find some good peaches.

Thanks, Pam and SonyaAnn for coming to see me!

A.Marie said...

Awww..I left you a comment but it didn't post....drats...what DID I do wrong??! UGH!

Anyway, what I had said was that those berries looks yummy!! :)

Also wanted to tell you that I am kicking it up a notch with my giveaway...if you mention a little something about it on your blog, you'll get an extra entry!! :)

Frances said...

Hi, A.Marie! You DID leave a comment about the berries....on my other post that had the pic of them.

I meant to post about your contest and didn't yet. I will do that today.

Unknown said...

I need to find me some places like that close here to home since my garden is not growing to lack of sun. When you get back be sure to share all your pickings.
Blessings
Diane

Frances said...

Hi, Diane. Thanks for stopping buy. I will sure let you all know what we get on Saturday.

Hope you find someplace you can pick.