Thursday, June 11, 2009

I cannot believe I forgot to share!


Our soldier, Chance, got home last week from his 12 month tour in Iraq!! He and his battallion got back to base last Wednesday. (So, he is not near us, but IS at his home.)
He was welcomed by his wife and 2-year-old son, his bio mom and my mother-in-law. Bob and I could not go, since it was right after his surgery, so MIL went to represent our side of the family.
There was a nice, though short, welcome home ceremony, but Chance was most excited to see his wife and baby.
We are so happy to have our baby boy back safe on US soil! (He celebrated his 20th birthday in Iraq) I prayed every night for his safe return and now I pray every night for the safe return of the rest of our soldiers.
We will be going to visit as soon as Bob is more mobile.
God bless our soldiers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell him thank you for risking his life for my family. He is a brave man.
And I'm sure that you are so relieved! I can't even imagine the stress from worrying about his safety every day.

Together We Save said...

Thank him for his service. I am so glad he is home safe and sound.

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you, him, and the whole family! Please add my thanks to the rest for his service to our country.

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, Together We Save and Boondock Ma, I will give him your messages.

I have to say, I wasn't stressed while he was gone. I gave his safety over to God and He took great care of my baby.

Everyone is so glad he is home and we just found out that he will be coming to see us this weekend! Yeah!

My Army Brats and Me said...

Found your blog my husband is also a soldier. Thanks for sharing.
Cindy
fighting like a girl

Frances said...

Tell your husband that my family appreciates his service!