Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hubby is having surgery...again.

Darling Hubby is Diabetic and has had many problems with his feet. We have had many surgeries and many hospital stays, so it seems pretty routine to us. Hubby has to have foot surgery tomorrow. Usually, he has foot surgery as an outpatient and is home the same day. This time, he has to go in the hospital as he is having surgery On BOTH feet, silly doctor. So, he will be in a wheelchair for a couple of weeks, stuck at home, since we live in a second floor apartment. We will get him upstairs the day after surgery, then he is staying put.

Well, except that the doctor wants Hubby to come by for a followup. I may remind said doctor that we live in a second floor apartment and tell him that he can just come by on the way home from work. We are right on the way. LOL! I wonder if that would work? Probably not, though I may try to come up with some way to keep him from having to go. Maybe I could take pics of Hubby's feet and send them to the doctor.

Hubby usually cooks all our meals during the week, but I don't know if he can reach the stovetop from a seated position. He has not practiced using the wheelchair, so I don't know what he can reach. I will be doing most of the cooking. (I say most, since I figure Hubby will figure out some way to cook. LOL!) I never generate as many leftovers as he does, so, I will end up with fewer lunches for work. Hence the frozen dinners mentioned in my last post.

Of course, I could be a really good wife and make up a bunch of dinners on the weekends that Hubby can just throw in the oven. Or the crockpot. That is probably the best idea, as I will still be going to work everyday.

Well, except for Thursday and Friday. I never make Hubby go alone to have surgery. I am just that nice.

Here is where Hubby will be stuck for a while.....



15 comments:

Helene said...

Will keep you in my thoughts. Keep us updated.

Lisa P@www.isitmondayalready.com said...

Oh goog luck to hubby! When I had my ACRL I had to climb staris with crutches and my leg in an immobilizer, I feel the pain. I too didnt leave unless I had to because it was painful owrk to get to the ground floor!

Phillena said...

Fraces I hope he gets to feeling better soon! Will keep him in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and please let us know how it all went. Your hubby is in my prayers.
And what the hell is with the Dr. I mean they are supposed to be the smart ones. Why is he operating on both feet and then how does he expect him to get around? Morons! They can't do anything that makes sense.
Lots of love to you both!!!

Frances said...

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. Hubby is home and doing well. I will post an update blog tomorrow.

Hugs to you all!

Dawna said...

Keeping y'all in my thoughts. I hope everything goes well and that he has very little pain. Would be great if you could get the doctor to make a house call.

Frances said...

I DID ask the doctor to just come by. LOL! He said he would love to but couldn't. I am so SURE he would love to. LOL!

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

I'm afraid the days of Dr. home visits are over. Probably has to do with insurance and all. So much for progress, eh?

Hope your hubby is feeling better soon, and that you're able to work out his appointment with as much ease as possible for both of you!

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and for leaving such great comments!

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well and chocolate is in your future or your drawers. ;~) In a good fetish kind of way.

Frances said...

Hi, Boondock Ma and SonyaAnn! Thanks for stopping by!

Hubby is doing well and very mobile in the wheelchair. I intend to write a post about him, but have been busy! I forget how much he does around our house! I have been truly spoiled and have found out this weekend that cooking, cleaning, laundry and shopping can wear a girl out.

Back to work tomorrow for some rest! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Stopped over to say that I'm still thinking about you in a good way and/or naughty way.

Frances said...

Good and naughty....my favorite! LOL!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.