Monday, December 29, 2014

Hubby handed me a barf bag.

Not for Christmas! LOL!

I am going to catch up on the happenings around here. Friday, 12/19, I had scheduled a day off to go with Hubby to pick up his new leg. Yeah. On Thursday before, I got up and "felt funny". I don't even know how to describe it. My tummy was mildly upset, but I figured it would go away so got ready and went to work.

When I got to work, I felt worse. I didn't know if I had a stomach bug or something I ate had disagreed with me, but I was just feeling worse and worse. I told my boss I might need to leave and he told me to go if I needed to. Hubby called me around 10 and when I told him how I was feeling, he offered to come get me. I have NEVER asked Hubby to come get me from work. I said, "Yes, please." So he came to pick me up. When I got in the car, he handed me a couple of plastic bags, 'In case you need to throw up." Isn't he sweet?

I got home and crawled in bed as I felt like I needed to throw up, except when I was lying down. So, I spent the next 18 hours in bed or in the bathroom. Hubby has never seen me sleep that much. He said he had come in the bedroom a few times to make sure I was still alive. LOL!

The next day, I felt better, though a little "wrung out", but I went with Hubby to pick up his new leg. Good thing I did, too as that thing is heavy and with the other stuff that went with it, it would have been a bit difficult for him to get to the car, though I guess someone would have helped him if I had not been there.

He cannot walk on it for long amounts of time, but he can wear it and stand on it. (He starts PT to learn how to walk with it today.) But he wore it on Saturday, 12/20, when we had our get together at his mom's. He walked into her house on his own two feet. Yeah. He spent most of the day sitting and used his walker to get around when he did. He probably only spent about 30 minutes total walking on it. So not too much.

The get together was nice. Our kids and two grandkids were there. Jacob, our middle grandson, was not there. Chance gave some mumbled excuse. I think maybe he just didn't feel like going to pick Jacob up. Oh well, we just sent his gifts home with Chance. I took some pics but no group shots. Got some of those on MIL's camera, so hopefully she will send us some. Here is a typical pic of Hubby and our kids.

Last week I had a busy few days at work, then got to have a totally relaxing 4 day weekend for Christmas. Hubby and I took it easy pretty much the whole time, though I did have to grocery shop yesterday.

Christmas Day was nice and relaxing. We had way too many gifts to open, but they were all fun. Hubby thinks I need lots of presents to open. Don't tell him, but I love it.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!


slugmama said...

I'm glad you are feeling better Frances!

A nice quiet holiday is just want one needs sometimes. I love those kind. 8-)

McVal said...

I'm so glad you're back in the land of the living! We always talk about the best Christmas ever... It was when we came down with the flu and no one could come over!

Linda said...

I'm glad you got better. Things did not sound so good for a bit.

Sonya Ann said...

I'm so glad that you are a bit better. There seems to be a lot of crud going around!
And it is wonderful hubs is on his own two feet! The way that you two concur problems, he will be out for a jog in no time! My grandfather had a "fake"(what us kids called it when we were small) and he used to ride bikes and jump rope.

Frances said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone.

I am feeling much better, and have been at work this week, working my little...well, not so little....booty off. Maybe I will be caught up for the new year.