Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Back in the saddle again...

Well, not really a saddle. If you guessed that it looks like Hubby is in a hospital bed, you guessed right.

Unfortunately for us.

Hubby's ankle has been hurting for a few days, but he insisted it was just a little sore. I thought he might have hurt it during the move though he said he didn't.

He had an appointment with his podiatrist today so said he would ask Dr. Mac to xray it.  Hubby called me at work to tell me he was being sent for an MRI and to be admitted to the hospital. Ugh.

He has some kind of infection in his ankle. (Who knows how that happened.) He will be having surgery to drain it and then will have a picline put in for iv antibiotics.

Not the way I would prefer to get a day off but we will deal with it.

3 comments:

slugmama said...

Poor Bobby!
At least it wasn't a blood clot, like I had in my ankle last year and he won't be on blood thinners for at least 6 months!! yuck

I hope the infection clears up soon and you get a day off sooner and don't have to play nurse/wife. '-)

Frances said...

He actually developed an abscess and the dr doesn't know if it caused the osteomylitis they found or if it was caused BY the osteo. 6 -8 weeks of iv antibiotics. But the surgery was just to drain the abscess. We are fortunate.

Sonya Ann said...

He is such a wonderful man and a huge pain in the butt. Get well soon!