Friday, September 2, 2011

Taking a day off to make a cake.

Yes, I was just on vacation a week ago. But I still took today off! I have a lot of vacation days left, so decided to use one to have a long holiday weekend.

The big reason for a day off? Theo's birthday party! Our oldest grandson, Theo, turned 5 on Monday, so our side of the family will have his birthday party tomorrow. As usual I am in charge of the birthday cake. He told me a couple of month's ago that he wants a cake with a train and a rocketship on it. LOL! Meredith told Bob that Theo wants chocolate cake and chocolate frosting.

I will use a boxed cake mix. Yes, from a box. But I am using Wilton's Chocolate Buttercream Icing recipe for the frosting. I used Wilton's Buttercream Icing recipe before and it was a big hit, so decided to try the chocolate one. I know it will be a success.

I am taking the easy way on the train and rocket and will buy toys to use on the cake. That way, Theo will have the to play with after eating the cake. Cake and toys...what better thing to have on your birthday, right?

Bob went this week and bought Theo's gift, a Leapster game and he said he would get the cake decorations for me. He came home with race cars and a stealth bomber. LOL! He thought I said race cars and couldn't find a rocket. Um...yeah, Honey. That is not what I wanted. So we will be going to buy the train and rocket today. I am thinking I can find them at the dollar store.

So, I am being a little Martha today. I will post my creation when it is done.

Happy Friday to all!

4 comments:

slugmama said...

Have fun channeling your inner Martha!

Frances said...

I will, Sluggy!

Sonya Ann said...

I can't wait to see what your creation looks like!
Have a great long weekend!

Frances said...

Hi, SonyaAnn! I will post a pic after the party. I have to add the finishing touches after we arrive.