Friday, November 6, 2009

Please pray for all who were affected by the tragedy at Fort Hood, Texas, yesterday.

My son and his family and my best friend's son and family are stationed at Fort Hood. We had a scarey few hours, yesterday, until we heard that they were all okay.

In case your news didn't report it, there was a mass shooting yesterday resulting in 13 dead and 30 wounded. Here is a link if you want to read more: Fort Hood shootings

Yesterday was my birthday and my very best gift was hearing that my child was okay.

The soldiers and families of those killed and wounded will be in my prayers.

11 comments:

Pam said...

Praying for all the families who lost loved ones yesterday. SO glad your son and family are okay!

McVal said...

You got it! I'm glad your son and family were ok.

A.Marie said...

Oh goodness....that would have been so scary; I can't imagine what you went through until you heard that they were all okay.

Happy Birthday, BTW, and I agree with you; that was the best gift that you could have been given! :)

Frances said...

Thanks for the bday wishes, A.Marie!

And thanks all for stopping by!

Desiree said...

I have been in prayer for them. Glad to hear your son and family are safe.

Frances said...

Thanks for stopping by, Desiree. And thank you for your prayers for our military.

The Frugal Millionairess said...

Frances, My heart goes out to you. Your birthday gift was indeed the best you could get. Eileen

Frances said...

Thanks for stopping by, Eileen!

Dawna said...

Sorry to be rude and totally off topic but, do you have any idea what has happened to Sonya Ann? Her blog is gone!

Thanks!

Frances said...

I have no idea what happened to her. Darn it, I thought I had her email addy, but can't find it.

I am sure she will be back. I have had that happen with other blogs. They would disappear, then be back a couple of days later. I hope SonyaAnn reappears!

American History said...

We are praying for you.
We found this site helpful www.holylandprayer.com Check it; maybe it gives you a relief.
God bless you.