Monday, December 19, 2011

Last day of my mini-vaca.

It's my last day off....for a whole 3 days. LOL! I have another 4 day weekend next weekend, so I won't complain too much.

It doesn't seem like we have done a lot, but a lot of stuff has gotten done. All our Christmas gifts are wrapped and under the tree. Christmas cards are ready to be mailed. Jam is packed up to be sent to my family in Tennessee and South Dakota and we are heading to the post office in a few minutes to drop off those packages...already paid for on USPS.com, using Click and Ship. So much faster than waiting in line at the PO and got a discount! Yeah for discounts.

We also have a lot of packages of Hubby's ebay sales to drop off. I didn't realize he had so much stuff listed until he started packaging it up to ship. He may have made some good money. Yeah! He had said he was going to list a lot of stuff he has one time and if it didn't sold, it will be donated. I think he has burned out on ebay. Though I don't know if he will stop.

We do have to return two transformer type robots today. I decided to take the grandkids toys  out of the packaging and put back in without all they twist ties and other connectors. One toy was screwed into the box! I figured it would save some frustration for the kiddies when opening gifts. It took about 15 minutes to get one robot out of the packaging and I decided to see how easy it was to make it into a car. UGH! That thing sucked. After about 45 minutes, I gave up and told Hubby they are going back to the store. If I could not get those things to transform, I know 4 and 5 year olds won't be able to. We will find them something else that is more kid friendly.

I also will bake some cranberry almond bread to take to work tomorrow. I give a loaf to my  boss and a coworker. For the rest of the office, I will take a bundt for them to share. I only give to one coworker as he and I have worked together for years. The rest of the people that work around me are in my group, but used to work in a different area, so we haven't exchanged gifts. I will take each of them a jar of jam, but they can share the bread.

Oops! Hubby is ready to leave. Have a great day, all!

6 comments:

McVal said...

I would LOVE to have a 4 day weekend!!! I get either Friday or Monday off for the next two weekends. I'm thinking Mondays for sure... That way I can fall back on the couch and relax! Maybe nap!
You're so good to your co-workers!

Sonya Ann said...

It sounds like you have it all under control. Now get to my house STAT. LOL. I hate being behind. We made cookies this weekend for so long that a vein burst in my leg from standing for so long. I'm just going to say that that really hurts and that I have never had that happen before. I think I'm getting old.

Frances said...

McVal, love having long weekends! After New Years, it will be hard to work full weeks.

SonyaAnn, sorry about the vein in your leg. Sounds painful!

slugmama said...

My 1st thought on the Transformers? You can't do them but they kids WILL be able to transform them....it's like the Rubik's cube days, the grownups couldn't solve it but kids had no problem with it. Sometimes being older just makes things worse.lol

But those transforming toys are cheap plastic and not made well...that's prolly why they'll have problems with them...unless you give them a hammer or two also.hehehe

Enjoy your Christmas Frances!!

Mark said...

I think you need to give 4 and 5 year olds more credit. They can do tons of things that I can't do. Or don't want to do.
m.

Frances said...

I love playing with Transformers. I did not love these pseudo Transformers.