Sunday, November 13, 2011

I am no longer loyal to any one grocery store.

I used to be a loyal Kroger shopper. Every weekend, I was at Kroger, stocking up on the deals and buying our regular groceries. I ONLY went to Kroger...didn't flit from store to store like some couponers. I wanted good deals, but I also like the convenience of going to just one store.

Then Kroger stopped doubling/tripling coupons. I looked at some of my receipts and figured that it would not be a huge loss and wouldn't make a big dent in our grocery budget.

I don't know if it has made the difference, or if there have just not been the deals that there used to be, but I was not getting the biggest bang for my buck by just shopping at Kroger.

I still don't flit from store to store. I may be too lazy. Now, I look at all our local ads and decide who has the best deals and decent prices on my non-deal purchases. And I just shop at one store. Some weeks it is Kroger, other weeks it is not.

Last week it was FoodTown and this week it was HEB. And some items I get at WalMart. We used to rarely go to WalMart. Now we go about once a month.

Sorry, Kroger. I never thought I would cheat on you, but I have been and will continue to do so. I have to stay within the budget I want to have and that means stepping out on you.

6 comments:

Mark said...

At least you let them down easily.
m.

McVal said...

I used to be a very loyal Cub Foods person, myself. But then they up and left town... So I buy some of the items in bulk and Sams and the rest at Aldis, Dollar Store or Walmart. I'm a flitter...

Frances said...

Mark and McVal, thanks for coming to see me.

Sonya Ann said...

I'm with Mark!!
I have had to cheap a few times too. It stings a little at first but then the perverse becomes normal and the world is good again!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, I recovered quickly. I don't feel a bit guilty about cheating.

JC said...

I'm with you. A true/wise bargainer is where the deal is.