Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What is going on with Texas?!

We are in a drought right now that has lasted longer than any since 1956. It is dry, dry, dry. We need rain so badly it is ridiculous.

What happens when there is a drought? Wildfires. Lots of wildfires. There is now one burning that is the biggest in Texas history.

Why do we have to make history with bad stuff?

Give us some rain, Lord. We need to put these fires out before they get any closer to my house! I know....I am a little selfish. People that have lost their homes and businesses to these fires are in my prayers.

7 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

Honey, I would love to give you rain. It's like a damn monsoon here. It is out of control.
I will pray that Mother nature give you our rain!

McVal said...

I wish I could send the rain from here down to you... We're getting cold, rain & tornados every other day...

Frances said...

Someone sent us a little rain, today!! Thank you, God!

Sonya Ann said...

Just popped over to say hi! Is the weather any better?

Mark said...

Hi Frances. SonyaAnn said that if I don't come over here, she'll no longer leave suggestive comments on my Blog. So because I'm desperate for her filty thoughts, here I am.
I am sending Pennsylvania prayers for some rain for you right now. It might take a few days because I don't think the Church has cleared my tithing check yet. But when they do, head for high ground because I gave a nice chunk this past Sunday.
SonyaAnn's Friend, and yours too if you want, m.

Frances said...

Weather is HOT, SonyaAnn. But the grass sure enjoyed the rain!

Frances said...

Hi, Mark! I would NOT want to be responsible for you losing out on SonyaAnn's suggestive comments. I feel like I already know you from SonyaAnn's blog.

Thanks for coming to see me, newest friend!