Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy 55th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Today, my parents have been married for 55 years! And they are the best parents imaginable! They created the perfect family without even trying. I guess they did have to work at it, but it never seemed like they had to. It just seemed effortless from their kids' point of view.

There has not been a single day in my life when I had to wonder if Mom and Dad did not love us all with every bit of their hearts.

When I was young, I never thought about what wonderful parents I had. I just took for granted that all parents were like mine. They showed us every day how much they loved us and how much they loved each other. To this day, Mom and Dad still give each other kisses for no reason, hold hands when sitting together and are so comfortable letting the world see their love for each other.

It was not until I was in college that I met realized that my life was different from a lot of peoples'. When I met my first husband and he told me tales of his dad hitting his mom and him I could not believe it. Parents didn't do that to their kids! I learned that I was wrong and that a lot of parents did. And a lot of parents neglected their kids. It made me, and still makes me, so sad that not everyone could have parents like mine.

I thank God every day that he blessed my life so much by allowing me to be part of this family.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! I love you!

8 comments:

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents! That's great and you are lucky to have them and the other way around, I'm sure!

Annie Jones said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents!

Frances said...

Thanks, Pam and Annie Jones. I took the opportunity, yesterday, to thank my parents for being so wonderful!

Debbie said...

What a great role model your parents gave you! I hope their anniversary was fantastic.

McVal said...

That is so sweet! Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad!

Frances said...

Debbie, my parents marriage is a great model. Everyone should have marriages like theirs.

Thanks, Val, I will pass along your well wishes.

Sonya Ann said...

You and your family is so blessed. Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad, they did a great job with you!!!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, we really are blessed.