Sunday, April 3, 2011

What I did on my mini vacation.

Sorry to take so long to get around to letting you all know about our vacation. We had a wonderful, wonderful time! It's always nice to have a long weekend, but a lot of times, Hubby and I will be doing our own things in different rooms at home, so it was especially nice to spend so much time together. It was like we were dating again! We definitely have to do it a lot more often.

We were total tourists and did a lot of driving to areas of Galveston that we had never seen. Did a little shopping. Ate some delicious food. We rode the ferry and here is a pic of us. Isn't my hair beautiful? LOL! It was really windy.
We found an almost deserted beach and drove around checking out all the beach houses that have been rebuilt since Hurricane Ike hit a couple of years ago. Some parts of the town were totally wiped out and it has recovered very nicely. Though there were som houses that were never repaired or rebuilt. It was a little sad seeing reminders of the destruction.

We had a really nice hotel with free breakfast. We will definitely stay there again. We were gone 3 full days, getting back home around 5pm on Sunday. We took a detour on the way home and stopped by a farm we love and bought some lovely fresh veggies.

When we got  home, our kitties were overjoyed to see us. They got a little lonely. And we had a lovely refinished bathtub. Yeah!

6 comments:

slugmama said...

So glad you had a blast!
You both look so relaxed....too bad ya had to go home & back to the grind.lol

Sonya Ann said...

It sounds so wonderful. I think that we forget how much some quality time will help. I'm so happy that you have a wonderful husband. You deserve so much!
And thanks for thinking I would be a stud!

McVal said...

LOVE the doo!!!
That sounds like a heavenly weekend! I can't wait until my hubby and I can get away like that.

Frances said...

Hi, guys! Thanks for coming to hear about my vacation!

Sonya Ann said...

I hate to do this to you but you need to quit your job and get back to your blogging routine. I'm having Frances withdrawals.

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, comments on my blog come to my work email address and yours just cracked me up!