Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Last Friday was my birthday! I turned 53. Today, I do not feel a day older than I did in my 20s. Is that weird?

I took Friday off, since I just didn't feel like working on my birthday like I have most years. I celebrated by sleeping late. Ahhhhhhhh...... Then Hubby and I went to a pizza buffet (Pizza Hut...my fave.) It was not really my birthday choice, but we always go eat pizza when I take a day off, as the pizza place does not have the buffet on weekends.

Then we went by the thrift store, where the only thing I picked up was a book for the grandsons' toy box at our house. Hubby found a few items to sell on ebay. Then we stopped at the petstore on the way home and bought some fish to add to our aquarium. We haven't bought any in a while and since we had lost some fish, the remaining ones were looking lonely. LOL! They are all happy now.

The rest of the day we just hung out at home, relaxing. Hubby did not make me a birthday dinner, as he was too stuffed from lunch to eat dinner, so I told him not to worry about it. He did bring my flowers, though. He is a good hubby.

I already had my gift. I got it early in September. I got a Nook. I don't know if you remember way back when I was trying to decide between a Kindle and a Net book, at which time I ended up getting my netbook that I wrote about here. Now I still love my little netbook! It is cute, it does what I want and it is totally portable. I actually have ended up using it more than I use our desktop pc and it is one kick-ass pc.

BUT the netbook did not work the way I would like as an ebook reader, so I started researching and ended up getting a Nook from Barnes and Noble. Well, I really bought it from Best Buy, since they had a deal on at the time. I just love, love, love my new Nook. I have loaded almost 60 books on it, have read quite a few and have not paid for one! Yes, I have found a ton of free ebooks on the web, readable by my little baby. this is not a review post. If anyone wants to know why I chose the Nook over the Kindle, just let me know. I will be happy to share.

The rest of the weekend was a relaxation celebration. I had threatened Hubby with all sorts of evil if he bought me anything else but flowers for my birthday and was very pleased that he didn't. He cooked a lovely birthday dinner for me on Saturday. Of course we  had cake. And it was a totally wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Ace said...

Happy belated birthday!

Annie Jones said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday and weekend! Here's to many more of both!

Frances said...

Thanks Ace and Annie Jones. I plan to have many, many more. I am shooting to live to 100!

yonca said...

Happy birthday!Glad you had a wonderful weekend!I feel younger too:)

Sonya Ann said...

Happy Birthday!!!
You have a wonderful hubs and your day would be everything that I would ask for on my day.
And you definitely don't look 53. I would have said 35.

Frances said...

35?! SonyaAnn you are either crazy or totally sweet. Either way, I love you!

slugmama said...

Glad you had a good Birthday spending it with your Hubs, fresh flowers, eating and sleeping late. I can't think of anything that would give me more satisfaction either....with my Hubs, not yours that is.lolol

So what did SK get to put on eBay? I've opened my store back up on there and am having just the bestest FUN....not!lol

Frances said...

Hi, Sluggy! Thanks for the birthday wishes! You would have a ball with Hubby....everyone does. LOL!

He sells sports jerseys on ebay. I actually figured out how to put an ebay widget on my blog. It is on the bottom. You can see all his listings. Not that I am asking anyone to buy...just doing a little advertising for Hubby.

McVal said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on your Nook! I think I know what my husband will like for a Christmas present...

Frances said...

Hi, McVal. I love my Nook and if your hubby is a reader and a bit geeky, he would love one as well.

A.Marie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I am glad you had such a nice day! Pizza buffet sounds amazing...I love pizza~

I have never heard of a Nook until now. I am thinking about getting my daughter a Kindle, but now I am debating. I'd like to know the pros and cons of a Nook vs a Kindle.

I also agree with SonyaAnn...you do NOT look 53 at all! You look better than me and I am only 46!!!

Frances said...

Hi, A.Marie! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Thanks for the compliment! I feel just fine about being 53.

I will post some of my "comparison" findings for you.